Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Bass yahi din dekhna baki tha....


Among all tricks known to Indian parents to coax their children to finish any meal, scaring them of the Police, the building watchman, the non existent ‘bhoot’, ‘chudail’, threat to lock them in a dark bathroom or the famous ‘chuhe wali kothri’ were at the top. I was left speechless when I was entering the building today and I heard a mother say to her kid, “Yeh wahi doctor uncle hain…Jo bacche khana nai khaate naa, unhe who bada wala injection lagane aa jate hain”.

On the bright side, I remembered the famous dialogue of the legendary Gabbar Singh from the movie Sholay, “Yahan se pachas pachas kos door gaon mein ... jab bachcha raat ko rota hai, toh maa kehti hai bete soo ja ... soo ja nahi toh Gabbar Singh aa jayega.” At least now I can boast to my children and grandchildren in future, that mothers used to scare their children saying, “Khana kha le, warna Doctor Mohit aa jayega”.

This is the 2nd extracurricular recognition that I have got from patients or their relatives in my medical career. The 1st was during my internship when on entering the surgery ward to collect blood samples of patients in morning, a relative said to his patient, “Who khoon niklane wale doctor aa gaye”.

Soch raha hun ki yeh skills bhi apni professional likedin job profile pe update kar dun.

No comments: